Being a complete nerd who can’t function without my life being organized and everything in its place, I thought I’d share a couple of items that I would recommend for other fellow organized nerds. However, these gifts can also work great for those who aren’t organized nerds yet, but would love to be! The beautiful items listed below are definitely sure to inspire any hot mess to clean up and place every aspect of their life in its proper boxes.
- Planner/Agenda. I adore my agenda! It is the most helpful piece on my desk and helps me keep my brain from bursting with all the to-dos on my list. Having a cute agenda makes life even lovelier (if you know me, you know I’m all about a lovelier life!). The Fringe Studio 17-month planner is my personal favorite. Fun fact: I really wanted the pink version of the agenda so I checked the Nordstrom website daily for about 3 weeks before it finally came back in stock! It was totally worth it though!
- Notepad. I actually discovered this Swedish stationary website a couple of days ago (sometimes browsing through pinterest and avoiding studying for finals can be productive too!). Kikki.K has so many simple yet beautiful organizational items to choose from, plus the simplicity of their design isn’t too distracting as you go about completing your daily tasks. I actually ordered this beautiful and motivating To-Do List Notepad for a co-worker of mine who is as nerdy as I am when it comes to this kind of stuff.
- Nate Berkus for Target. Okay, so this is a bit of a broader gift idea. However, literally anything you choose from the Nate Berkus collection at Target is sure to make any desk or space beautiful and any person happy.
- Candle. Yes, this is an extremely typical gift. The only way you can get less creative than a candle is to get a gift card. However, you can’t deny that they are good gifts. Plus, for anyone who is studying or working, it’s always such a delight to have a nice scent flowing through the workspace. My personal favorite is any kind of peony scented candle, they make me so happy!
- Desk Accessories. If I’m surrounded by beautiful accessories on my desk, I’m guaranteed to be happier than if I had a simple black stapler and other typical boring accessories surrounding me. Personally, I feel happier when I splurge on cute desk accessories (which is a good and bad thing in and of itself). I remember about year ago I just couldn’t stop wishing for the Kate Spade stapler and tape dispenser set. So I got it. It just made me so happy! If you’re willing to splurge a little bit this holiday season, I can’t imagine one organizational nerd on this planet who would not appreciate a beautiful designer tape dispenser and stapler (as corny and nerdy as this may sound).
Basically, if you can’t think of anything to get for a nerd in your life (or simply for yourself), something that helps them organize anything and everything will pretty much make you the best gift-giver everrrr.
– Alena Y.
P.S. Forgive me for the dramatization and enthusiasm in this post. I can’t help myself when I talk about beautiful pieces that bring out my inner organized nerd *insert nerd with glasses emoji*.