Sucking in school sucks. It’s annoying, unmotivating, decreases your self-esteem, and is downright unfortunate. However, sometimes it can be a blessing in disguise.
That’s literally how I’ve been feeling for a year now, if not more. Why have I felt like this? The root of the issue is that I’ve been pursuing a degree for a career that I have no interest in: Finance. However, considering that I’m so close to the end of my degree, it makes no sense to quit and start something over.
In the past two weeks, I’ve had some revelations that have caused me to stop lying to myself and pursue something of more interest to me. I’ve decided to switch majors and now I am STOKED for this new semester.
This change has caused me to think. Maybe sometimes happiness is something as easy as this. Yes, it can be annoying that you may have to take some extra steps, but think about the future. You’re probably going to be happy that you didn’t continue to study a subject that makes you miserable.
Below are some more steps you can take to help you get more excited for the upcoming semester and be a happier student:
- Purchase some new school supplies! This might be cliche, but it’s cliche for a reason.
- Plan a weekend trip during the semester! This is going to be a great stress reliever and give you something to look forward to. I’d recommend that you don’t schedule the trip around midterm and final weeks.
- Plan at home spa evenings! This is a great alternative to the point above, and less expensive. Whether it’s only a face mask, or a whole body treatment ending with a relaxing bath, either one is better than nothing!
- Keep track of your complaining! This is something so many students tend to do throughout the semester. Do your best not to think about all of the negative things going on throughout the semester in order to keep your positivity up! No one likes a Debbie Downer.
- Sleep in! I know you’ve heard this before. Sleep is soooo important for a reason!
Message us! If you’re ever feeling down, alone, need extra motivation, each one of us on the Transfer Ways team can be contacted either through Transfer Ways or on our social media platforms! Plus, we always need a buddy to chat with too when a semester gets too tough!
Hope you found this post helpful! Let us know how you keep a positive attitude before and during the semester in the comments below, we are always open to new tips!
– Alena Y.